[Spce-user] 400 Normal Release

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 19 17:30:12 EDT 2012

Hi Dave,

On 10/19/2012 10:46 PM, Dave Massey wrote:
>> You have two choices: Report the behaviour to your peer and expect them to
>> solve their bad behaviour or you can change the internal ip address of you
>> sip:provider from 127.0.0.1 to something else (networking.iaddress in
>> config.yml) to something else. Create a dummy interface with some private ip
>> address and set that parameter to that value. I would do both :)
>
> I did try this, but afterwards, I couldnt register the ATAs.  I just created an eth0:0 interface and assigned a 169.254 IP .

Usually these broken devices just check for existence of 127.0.0.1, so
you can easily overcome their issues by doing:

# modprobe dummy && ifconfig dummy0 127.0.0.2

Then set 127.0.0.2 as iaddress in config.yml and do "ngcpcfg apply".

This successfully works around Audiocodes device issues at least.

Andreas