[Spce-user] Fwd: 400 Normal Release

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Oct 19 20:41:07 EDT 2012

Hi Dave,

On 10/20/2012 02:30 AM, Dave Massey wrote:
> Ive got issues with the dummy module inside the openVZ container, that I have to figure out how to get done, Ive tried using eth0:0  and lo:0 but neither work (ATAs wont register anymore (even using 192.168.x.x) )

Yeah, might be tricky to get this going within openvz as you don't
control your kernel in the VM.

Basically the call-flow looks like this if you for example register a
device named "UA1":

[UA1-ip] -> [CE-lb networking.eaddress networking.iaddress] -> [CE-proxy
networking.iaddress]

So the lb at /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-lb.log does the bridging between
your eaddress and iaddress (which is usually 127.0.0.1 but could be
anything), and the proxy at /var/log/ngcp/kamailio-proxy.log at iaddress
does the heavy lifting.

So first you should check if there are any errors in kamailio-lb.log,
then you should check whether the requests ever reach the underlying
proxy/registrar on your dummy/whatever interface. An "ngrep -W byline -d
any port 5060 or port 5062" would help as well.

Andreas