[Spce-user] monitoring registered clients

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 29 09:02:46 EDT 2012

El Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:55:24 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Jon,
>
>  That could work. I was thinking more like using a send() or along the
> lines of duplicating register() but that means having a separate instance
> to handle. Plus  registers may only happen every 5-10 mins or more in some
> cases.
>
>  My thinking is to keep this as a module for spce,. If the onus is on the
> UA to update the proxy, then what about creating a high-level watchers list
> that ngcp can be subscribed to and all new subscribers are added to, then
> display as a tab in the admin area? Like when a device sends  notify, then
> do a publish in that watchers list and a 200 to the device in one swoop. In
> www-admin it simply shows online/offline.

To keep ot as an internal system, you can just set the registration to short
times and just query/watch the location table.

Using the pua_reginfo module of kamailio would allow you to monitor the
registration state and changes form a external system the "sip way" instead of
via monitoring or querying the provisioning interface (which could export the
location table contents anyways)

The problems I see here is that I don't see an agreement of what it would be
needed and how it would be in order to consider including that in future
releases. What I feel here is a personal need for several people and maybe each
one prefers to have it their way. Shouldn't we provide a interface instead of
building it inside the system?

The other problem I see is that this couldn't make it in the next releases
unless I see interest from the community. There are several features requested
for next versions that would be more used IMHO rather than this one.