[Spce-user] Peering config

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Sep 3 04:38:43 EDT 2012

El Sun, 2 Sep 2012 22:07:02 +0100
"John Murray" <john.murray at skyracktelecom.com> escribió:

> Hello,

Hi John

> I have a PSTN supplier (peer) who has 2 x /27, 1 x /26 and 1 x /32 subnets
> as gateway addresses from which calls could originate.
>
> Must I configure individual peers for each of the 60+ address in those
> ranges or is there a more elegant method such as the trusted table? ( They
> don't do authentication)

I'm afraif that you'll need to insert them as singular gws in the peering
groups section. If you want them only for incoming, create a group with no
peering rules on it.

The trusted table is used for subscribers that won't do authentication. A
interface with this is present in 2.6 now.

> Also for outbound they say to use sip:
> <sip:%3cnumber%3e at sip-wholesale.provider.com>
> <number>@sip-wholesale.provider.com which has a number of SRV records.
>
> Is this supported or must I regularly resolve the addresses and enter them?

It SHOULD be supported and this should definitely be the way to go, but as it's
not used in most scenarios (operators have 4-6 IP addresses for their gws with
no DNS usage), we only manage IP addresses at the moment. I'm sorry but you'll
have to add the gws one by one.

At the moment we use the "lcr" module of kamailio to manage the peering
server/groups. At this is based on IP addresses. Maybe moving to another
module in the future or extending this one as we already did for 2.6 could
allow adding this feature.

> Finally is there support for monitoring state of peers with OPTIONS messages
> for resiliency etc.

Not directly. We always try the gws according to the rules. But the lcr module
has "defunct" capabilities to declare a gw defunct for a period of time when a
call has failed (actually at any time as it has to be scripted in kamailio
configuration). If you do so, then you could use the "lcr.defunct_gw" function
to query kamailio via xmlrpc about defunct gws.