[Spce-user] CE 2.6 - send reply to contact

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Thu Sep 20 15:35:18 EDT 2012

On 09/20/2012 09:09 PM, Klaus Peter v. Friedeburg wrote:
> I have problems to build up the following szenario:
> My PSTN-Provider have a SIP-loadbalancer with IP 1.1.1.1. This IP is the peering.
> But the replys must be send to an other the IP ex. 1.1.1.2 (written down in contact header)
>
> How is a way to send my replys to the contact ?

Replies are sent along the Via header vector. If your peering provider
requires you to send replies to somewhere else than it originated from,
he should set the Via accordingly.

If you really must hack that scenario (which horribly breaks the SIP
RFC, so I'd REALLY not do it), you can use textops module to alter the
topmost Via in the request already, so replies automatically take
another path. Not sure if there's a way to change the d-uri of a reply
because it's forbidden by RFC.

Andreas