[Spce-user] Contributing

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Tue Sep 25 19:29:38 EDT 2012

El Sun, 23 Sep 2012 01:08:05 -0700
Skyler <skchopperguy at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Is * 1.8 stable slated for spce 2.7?
> Where would I find src of * 1.4 for 2.6 to diff/gawk?
> Has * 1.8 already been ported in trunk? If not, I have a need to do that now
> and would gladly submit patches for review/future integration.
>
> Cheers,
> Skyler

Hi Skyler

We have no plans to upgrade the Asterisk server in upcoming spce releases. We
use it only for voicemail ans it listens only localhost so even if it's an old
release it's not a security risk for the platform.

We don't consider 1.6, 1.8 or 10 releases stable enough. And we are planning no
new features that would require Asterisk. Any idea from your side?

You can fetch the sources via deb-src

All patches from you side are welcome. In this case adding a patch for
upgrading asterisk would require a good reason fron your side :)

Thanks

Jon