[Spce-user] Provisioning

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Mon Apr 1 20:11:43 EDT 2013

Greetings, one way one might consider auto provisioning would be to use
a tftp server.

This can reside on any stand alone server.

If you are using provisioning via SOAP or XML into Sipwise you could add
another process that places a tftp configuration of the device you want
to register into that server as another routine.

Send out your ATA's or IP telephones with only the configuration server
address in the settings.  They will then pull their configuration from
the tftp server and the settings will tell it to register to Sipwise.

Now, if you are not automating this, simply build the provisioning file
and place it on the tftp server manually and it should all still work.

Essentially all it is doing is providing information for your Sipwise
server.  Most provisioning would be in a file mac-address.cfg

Download the template for your device from the manufacturer of the
device or program one and export the xml from it to use as a template
for provisioning.

I hope this helps.

Kevin