[Spce-user] retries of INVITES for session timers

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Apr 5 12:15:29 EDT 2013

El Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:54:00 +0200
Matthew Ogden <matthew at tenacit.net> escribió:

> HI Ivan,
>

> Sorry I have already deleted it (and our server only keeps it for 1 day).
>

> But as mentioned, the issue is SEMS no reINVITING after client sends 100.
>

> This is the issue I’m trying to investigate, and no one out there seems
> bothered that SEMS is broken.
>

> SEMS should do this:
>

> Client sends initial authenticated INVITE
>
> SEMS Accept initial authenticated INVITE
>
> SEMS Wait for timer period
>
> SEMS Send reinvite
>
> Client sends initial 100 – trying
>
> Client sends initial 200 – OK
>
> SEMS Wait for timer period
>
> SEMS Send reinvite
>
> Client sends initial 100 – trying
>
> ---No 200???
>
> SEMS Send reinvite  RETRY (BUT this is not happening…  after a 100 is
> received, no subsequent retry occurs. In my opionion SEMS is broken? But I
> don’t know how to prove/check this)
>
> Client sends initial 100 – trying
>
> Client sends initial 200 – OK

Well, I'm not sure about this but I would say that's what I would expect.
Provisional responses avoid retransmissions. If I send a request and don't
receive any answer, then I retransmit it (suposing not reliable transport like
UDP). If I receive a 100 or any other 1XX I know that my request has been
received so there no reason to send retransmissions. I do know that the request
has been received. What I will do is wait until the transaction expires and
generate a 408 if no answer is received.