[Spce-user] Trying to connect JITSI to multiple domains

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu Apr 18 19:00:03 EDT 2013

El Sat, 13 Apr 2013 15:41:24 +1000
Martin Wong <martin.wong at binaryelements.com.au> escribió:

> Hi, I've got a quick question.
>
> Have installed the SPCE and all works fine.
>
> I have created a domain with the IP Address and have successfully
> provisioned Jitsi and done video and chats + presence. Now, this only seems
> to work when I provision to the IP address of the server and the subscriber
> is on the IP address domain.
>
> I then added a new domain name. Properly created the DNS host to point to
> the correct IP address, then created a few subscribers.

SRV records or A records?

> When I try to use JITSI and register via the provisioning method, I get an
> XCAP username and password error even though all the username and passwords
> are correct.

I'm not jitsi user but AFAIR you still need to use a A record for XCAP as it
won't use SRV queries for this.

You'd need to put something like this:

https://sip.mydomain.com:1080/xcap

> I know it's something to do either with the certificates or the domain
> names, but if someone can point me to the correct direction, I'd be very
> grateful.

I don't know if this is your problem or not. Maybe you would need to send us
the jitsi presence tab screenshot or a network capture or maybe go to jitsi
forums.

I think there's people in the list using jitsi. We can always ask them :)

cheers,

Jon