[Spce-user] Peering Rules

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Sun Dec 15 06:25:18 EST 2013

Hi,
I dont´t understand if you are talking about peering servers or peering rules, anyway I will try to explain how it works in general.

The matching of peering servers is done based on the longest Request-URI user part first.
Peering server also have Weights (not Priority) but if two gateways have weights 1 and 2, it means that the probability that the gateway with weight 1 is tried first is higher then gateway with weight 2.

>From the handbook:

The selection of peering servers for outbound calls is done in the following order:

1. whether caller or callee pattern matched.
2. length of the callee prefix.
3. priority of the peering group.
4. weight of the peering servers in the selected peering group.

After one or more peering group(s) is matched for an outbound call, all servers in this group are tried, according to their weight (lower weight has more precedence). If a peering server replies with SIP codes 408, 500 or 503, or if a peering server doesn’t respond at all, the next peering server in the current peering group is used as a fallback, one after the other until the call succeeds. If no more servers are left in the current peering group, the next group which matches the peering rules is going to be used.

As you can see the priority doesn´t care if we have a callee pattern match or callee prefix.

P.S. Also what do you mean with Callee Pattern: !^sip:+4366411111 ?  I´m not sure this means "not equal to ^sip:+4366411111", if this was what you meant.

Daniel