[Spce-user] mismatch codecs in certain calls

Joan Cifre (ibred) jcifre at ib-red.com
Thu Feb 14 07:39:21 EST 2013

Hi all,
we are experiencing problems with certain calls. The call is stablished
but we speakers can't hear each other. This is happening just with
certain calls and with certain peerings, so I'm almost sure this is not
a NGCP problem. However, I think this is due to a bad codec negotiation.
I can see this line i certaing calls

P-RTP-Stat:
PS=828,OS=16560,PR=446,OR=71360,PL=0,JI=0,LA=0,DU=9,EN=G729a,DE=G711a'

Does it means that one server is sending streams with G729a codec and
the other one with G711a codec? Which one decides which codec use if
both are in the list?
Thanks for the support.
Joan