[Spce-user] Ring back problem with a peer

Pablo Muñoz-Cobo pmunoz at wisi.es
Mon Feb 25 10:11:19 EST 2013

Hello:

We are moving in one client from asterisk to spce. The server is already
prepared but i have a little issue with my provider. In inbound calls
when the call is made since a mobile device the ringback is not working.
I see the ringback in sipwise is make on the sdp that is what my peer
support team is complaining about. I really don't get why if i get
ringback calling from a fix phone i do not get it when the call is from
a mobile. If the failure would be that the ring back shouldn't be
attached in the sdp i also shouldn't be getting  ringback when calling
from a fixed phone right?

This is what the my peer support team states about their softswitch
behaviour (GSX).

the issue is on the egress IP peer(spce). They do send 180 Ringing with
SDP, but no RTP media packets with RBT. You need to ask them to do
either of these 2 things:

1) Send RTP media packets with the RBT. The egress peer does send SDP in
180 Ringing, so the GSX is expecting RPT which he would pass to the
ingress peer.

2) Do not send SDP in the 180 Ringing. This, if configured on the GSX,
will make the GSX to generate LRBT and send it to the ingress.

Any help to perform  what they say or any argument to fight back their
statement. Thanks a lot for help!!

Cheers
PAblo