[Spce-user] codec negotiation

Lorenzo Mangani lorenzo.mangani at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:54:19 EST 2013

Hi Joan,

A bit of a shameless self-plug and not limited to this scenario/issue, but
If you want to have a permanent "log" of your entire SIP signaling for
troubleshooting or statistical purposes you might want to consider
installing HOMER and capture all the external/internal traffic at once. The
capture agent supports the SPCE elements model with external/internal
traffic and full correlation of b2b calls and adds basically no additional
load or point of failures and requires no modifications to the system. You
can find it here: http://www.sipcapture.org

Best,

Lorenzo

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Joan Cifre (ibred) <jcifre at ib-red.com>wrote:

>  Hi Daniel,
> there is any log file that where I can review the codec negotiation?
> Regards
> Joan
>
> El 2013-02-06 18:25, Daniel Grotti escribió:
>
> Hi joan,
>
>  you can use ngrep-sip to see all the sip messages.
>
>  Cheers,
> daniel
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile
>

> "Joan Cifre (ibred)" <jcifre at ib-red.com> <jcifre at ib-red.com> wrote:
>

> Hi,
> I have problems with codec negotiation with my peers and I wish to know
> how can I see the process of codec negotiation. I've tried to find it in
> logs but I can't find when does the codec negotiation messaged appear.
> Thanks!
> Joan

Lorenzo Mangani

HOMER DEV TEAM