[Spce-user] Newbee billing rates problem

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Sun Feb 10 06:12:55 EST 2013

Hello and welcome to the list,

On 10/02/2013 11:39, Dimosthenis Arkoudeas wrote:
> Actually I just noticed that CDR cost doesn’t work only in accounts that
> Account Balance is different than zero. Is it a normal behavior because
> of the community edition?

Well, this is sort of expected. The billing system of the CE only
supports postpaid model. Balance is not decreased below zero and money
is taken from the balance if the balance is positive. The rating engine
will take money from the balance as long as it is positive, and will
export CDR with a rate of "0". When the balance is zero, the CDRs wil
have the customer cost set to the actual cost. This is done to support
the "free money" setting of the billing profile, which is added to the
account balance at the beginning of each billing interval (month).
So we sort of use the customer_cost to separate paid-for calls from
calls that yet need to be paid for invoicing purposes.
The interval balance will show the complete amount (both taken from the
balance and customer costs in the CDR) of money spent.

Andrew