[Spce-user] retries of INVITES for session timers

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Mon Feb 18 12:28:15 EST 2013

Thanks Andrew.

It seems under perfect network conditions, this situation never occurs
with any of our devices. However, given the structure of our network in
this country, and its reliability (especially on occasion peering issues)
this situation does occur what seems quite frequently- in short bursts (I
obviously don't have any specific stats, but I'm going to take a stab at 1
in 20 calls (greater than 5 minutes) if not greater during peak hours of
8.30am to 4.45pm.  Most calls in our customer base seem to be pretty short
anyway... meaning that 1 in 20 is probably only 100 of total calls. But
its problem if the pattern becomes recognizable by a customer.
Unfortunately, the no are RTP stats and call disconnect causes yet in the
CDR logs (But as I understand from previous emails, It's on a roadmap.)

The problem is also occurring on more than one type of device.

My own personal calls are very lengthy, so I'm often hit by the problem.
For me, what is quite strange is there is no serious call quality problem
during the call - But maybe if 1 in 30 packets is dropping, we are just
seeing the situation of those UDP packets for the reinvites being lost?

I don't really want to disable session timers if possible, so this I why I
wondered if I could get more retries in there to see if that's actually
the issue?

Regards

S=200.