[Spce-user] Ring back problem with a peer

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 14:17:17 EST 2013

On 25/02/13 15:11, Pablo Muñoz-Cobo wrote:
> This is what the my peer support team states about their softswitch
> behaviour (GSX).
>
> the issue is on the egress IP peer(spce). They do send 180 Ringing with
> SDP, but no RTP media packets with RBT. You need to ask them to do
> either of these 2 things:
>
> 1) Send RTP media packets with the RBT. The egress peer does send SDP in
> 180 Ringing, so the GSX is expecting RPT which he would pass to the
> ingress peer.
>
> 2) Do not send SDP in the 180 Ringing. This, if configured on the GSX,
> will make the GSX to generate LRBT and send it to the ingress.
>
> Any help to perform what they say or any argument to fight back their
> statement. Thanks a lot for help!!

I can't help with the SPCE side of things, but their statement is
reasonable - 180 w/SDP implies you will send them early media (RBT). 183
w/SDP would be better/more explicit for this scenario really.

If you are not going to be sending them early media, you should be
sending them 180 w/o SDP.

Regards,