[Spce-user] inbound rewriting rule

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Wed Feb 27 16:17:24 EST 2013

Hello, one of the most asked questions I see is:    What do I do for
rewrite rules.

First thing is you need to fully understand exactly what the rewrite
rules are doing.  If you are an asterisk user you need to forget
NXXNXXXXXX etc.

Try to use this reference
http://www.regular-expressions.info/reference.html as a guide to fully
understanding the use of Regular Expressions so you can anticipate
exactly what you want to put in the rewrite rule.

I know that this is not answering your question directly but if you
completely understand the Regular Expressions you will get it quickly.

I just saw an email come through from Lorenzo with the link and
reference to the manual that describes it all.

Follow both the suggestion above and it will begin to click.

I think everyone in the list has been where you are at one point or
another but once you understand it you will not have any issues with
this.

You could also post some examples that will help drive home your issue.

Thanks
Kevin