[Spce-user] Help with Configuration behind firewall.

Igor Cheifot icheifot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:23:17 EST 2013

Hi Everyone
I Just install a SPCE vm on my ESXi 5.1 server and gone through the basic config steps.
The scenario i would like to use this service is like this:

My server is hosted at my house with internal ip address 192.168.1.13
Server is behind the firewall run on DD-wrt router.
I have port forwarded the following ports to 192.168.1.13 just like it says in the manual:

SIP 5060 UDP, TCP kamailio→lb→port

SIP over TLS 5061 TCP kamailio→lb→tls→port + kamailio→lb→tls→enable

RTP 30000-40000 UDP rtpproxy→minport + rtpproxy→maxport

XCAP 1080 TCP kamailio→proxy→presence→enable + nginx→xcap_port

Provisioning interfaces 2443 TCP ossbss→apache→port

There is also a statement in the manual in regards to some MEDIAPROXY rule that has to be added to the firewall, can anyone please elaborate on this more, i don't quite understand what it means.

i have a domain name for the sip server (sip.whatever.com) pointing to the routers WAN ip address.

I also followed this totorial: http://www.sipwise.com/news/technical/byov-skype-replacement/
when i was setting up the system.

First thing i noticed is when im at home i don't seem to be able to connect to the server. I suspect its because of some funky DNS business as to when i try to access the local sever from the same 192.168.1.xxx subnet through the DNS name that is pointing to the external router ip address.
If anyone has any sugestions on how to overcome this i would really appreciate this. When im outside of my home network, i can connect to the server with Jitsi, however, going through the provisioning, for some reason, Jitsi gets setup with 192.168.1.13 address instead of sip.whatever.com domain.
If i fix the addresses manually, im able to connect to the server and go online, but when i try to call another user, Jitsi just says "Connecting*" and nothing happens.
the chat feature however functions ok.

I would really appreciate any pointers on how to get this system up and running.

Thank you

Igor