[Spce-user] SIP 200 packets rejected on trunk

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 17 06:14:03 EST 2013

El Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:07:36 +0100
Andreas Granig <agranig at sipwise.com> escribió:

> Hi Byron,
>
> On 01/17/2013 11:51 AM, Byron Smith wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a trunk with a remote peer but their SBC is
> > rejecting my SIP 200 due to the Record-Route headers and he is asking me
> > to remove these headers.
>
> Record-Route headers are an integral part of SIP, and every device
> compliant to SIP really MUST support them.
>
> There is no way to remove them from the SPCE without completely and
> horribly breaking the call flows.
>
> If they insist on removing them, you better change your trunking
> provider as they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Andreas is 100% right. Please ask them an explanation regarding why you should
remove your record-route headers. Maybe what they don't like is having
"127.0.0.1" in the rr header (which is 100% valid).

I can't believe that a sbc can't hable rr headers.

btw, I agree with Andreas, you'd better change your provider. But I'd like to
know what their explanation is first.

cheers,

Jon