[Spce-user] Cleanup after aborted install

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Thu Jan 24 11:47:24 EST 2013

* Jirka Jirout [Thu Jan 24, 2013 at 03:03:43PM +0100]:

> my installation got interrupted and when i run the installer
> again, it fails, because it cannot connect to mysql server. I
> guess this is becasuse the system is in some inconsistent state,
> where the installer expects mysql to be presetn and running when
> in fact it is not.

> How do I completely remove (the incomplete installation of) spce
> from the system? I would like to avoid having to reinstall the
> whole machine.

Most of the spce packages have 'ngcp' either inside their package
name or inside their version string, so you can get a listing of
spce related packages by running:

  dpkg --list | grep ngcp

To get rid of packages run:

  apt-get remove $packages

or:

  apt-get --purge remove $packages

to also get rid of configuration files which are part of the
$packages.

But before you're doing so I'd be interested in the actual error
message and the state of your system so we might have a chance of
implementing a workaround for your issue in the installer if that's
feasible.

Could you please provide the output of:

  dpkg --list | grep -ve '^ii' -ve '^un'

and the actual error message when running ngcp-installer from
your system?

regards,
-mika-