[Spce-user] PSTN Retry on 'unavailable'

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Jan 30 06:03:37 EST 2013

El Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:22:44 -0000
"John Murray" <john.murray at skyracktelecom.com> escribió:

> Hi,
>

> We interconnect with an MVNO and in regular situations in certain locations
> we get congestion where the network send us 403 or 480 in response to an
> INVITE to a mobile handset when the handset is available and has full signal
> etc. This causes the call to fail and go to VM or elsewhere. However the
> congestion is almost always temporary and the same call 1 second later will
> complete.
>

> How or where could I generate 2 or 3 retries before giving up?
>

> failure_route[FAILURE_ROUTE_PSTN] is where I started to look but mostly
> these are calls to local subscribers that have permanent contacts with
> sip:MSISDN at MVNO-GW

Well, that's actually the place to look at. If you want 403 and 480 responses
to be sent to the next gw, that's the place.

When a pstn call is not answered, that's the failoure route we hit. Then we
check the response code to see if a failover is needed or not calling
ROUTE_FILTER_FAILOVER.

There's where you can add more response codes globally or checking the source
ip address to just failover for that peer case.