[Spce-user] registration problems after upgrade to 2.6

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Sat Jan 5 04:28:48 EST 2013

El Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:19:45 +0100
"Joan Cifre (ibred)" <jcifre at ib-red.com> escribió:

> I have plenty of users in "Security banns" User tab!! No one in the IP
> tab!! The attemps shows "3" for all of them. How can I avoit this? Maybe
> is it due to the notify keep alive message?

They are at '3' becuase there's a counter of failed authentication attempts and
when the user reaches 3, it gets banned. That protects your subscribers from
distributed dictionary attacks.

Only requests that need authentication increase this counter. But when the user
is banned, no request reaches the proxy, it's automatically rejected by the lb.

You can disable this protection in config.yml:

kamailio.lb.security.failed_auth_ban_enable

disable it until you can solve the ata problems. And please restart the lb (it
will be restarted after you disable that option and apply the changes anyways)
and do the ngrep-sip capture to see what happens with your registrations.