[Spce-user] Having an issue with Inbound Rewrite Rules for Caller

Bob Fryer bob at netintegrity.com.au
Mon Jul 15 21:24:00 EDT 2013

Hi List,

I am hoping that someone can assist. I have been looking at this issue
for several days now before I have posted.

Rechecked all my work, checked I am using the correct regex tests etc
etc.

After working on SIPWise for over a month now, we have a reasonable
handle on how everything works, and the concepts.

Just to confirm the concept that this post is about, I believe that the
Inbound Rewrite rules are the correct ones that I should be
concentrating on at the moment. What I understand this area is for is I
have a subscriber who has a PBX, and they are dialling a number. Once it
reaches SIPwise, its first stage I believe is the 'Inbound Rewrite Rules
for Caller' where it finds a match (if available) and rewrites based on
the replacement pattern. This is to allow SIPWise to process all numbers
as E.164 format, which includes the billing engine. Our Outbound Rewrite
rules mainly take these now converted E.164 numbers and process them
back to numbers that the local carrier requires to perform a connection
to the desired phone number. Hopefully this is correct.

Basically we have most of the Inbound Rewrite Rules for Caller working
(there plenty of great examples to work off).
However there is one rule which does not appear to work which is the
first rule in our list. Our rules for Inbound Rewrite Rules for Caller
are as follows:

Match Pattern                           Replacement Pattern
Description
^(\d{8})$                               ${caller_cc}${caller_ac}\1
Local 8 Digits to E.164  (it should match 8 digits only)
^(0011|\+)([1-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]+)$      \2
International to E.164
^0([1-9][0-9]+)$                        ${caller_cc}\1
Australian National & Mobile to E.164

Just so the above makes some sense, in Australia we have the following

The Subscriber has the CC of 61 and AC of 2
International Calls use 0011 prefix to dial international numbers
followed by the E164 standard
Our Mobile numbers are 04XXXXXXXX e.g. 0414989898 or 0418909090
National Calls have the two digit Area Code + 8 digit number e.g.
0299998888 or 0388889999
In the local area (in our case area code 02, you can dial the 8 digit
phone number 99998888

As mentioned the first rule ^(\d{8})$ does not appear to match when the
incoming number is 99998888, it appears to fall through to our default
billing rule as the replacement is not done which should be 61299998888
and the number passes through as 99998888

I have tested this rule on several PCRE regex online engines and seems
to work correctly. The one I have been using a lot is
http://regex.larsolavtorvik.com/

With this regex pattern and replacement and an input of 99998888 in the
online engine, I get a match and a result of 61299998888 (exactly what I
need).
If I provide an input of 9999888 I do not get a match and it passes
through the 9999888
If I provide an input of 999988888 I do not get a match and its passes
through the 999988888

For the sake of it I also have tried a replacement pattern of 612\1 and
also 612\0 which again also provides the same results as above

Just so I understand the Inbound Rewrite rules, the patterns are applied
in the order that they are in the table, the first correct match (as it
moves down the table) will then apply the replacement pattern. If there
is no match it will continue down the table..if there are no matches it
will perform no rewrite and pass the number through.

Can anybody assist with why this is not working, correct my
understanding, or just offer some advice. Any is appreciated.
Is there a log to confirm where these matches are being made. My
understanding is that it should be written to the billing table in the
e.164 format (providing it has been rewritten), is this correct?

Regards

Bob Fryer