[Spce-user] Asterisk client issues

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Fri Jul 19 05:48:30 EDT 2013

El Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:32:23 +0200
Matthew Ogden <matthew at tenacit.net> escribió:

> Hi
>

> Sometimes asterisk (from a loss of connectivity either at client or server
> side), uses a stale nonce that its cached. (See
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-17138).
>

> Then SPCE sends a 403 forbidden, seems to ban it for a few minutes, but
> asterisk stops trying after receiving a 403.
>

> What do you recommend is the best way to solve this issue? (Don’t send a
> 403? Or Increase my ban limit?

I would disable the auth_ban protection. It has sense in cases where the client
devices are all autoprovisioned and auth failures should never happen. It was a
fail from our side IMHO to set it enabled by default as it can provide a bad
user experience.

In case you want it enabled you can raise the limits as you said.