[Spce-user] SRV address for 'permanent contact'

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 5 02:16:30 EDT 2013

El Mon, 20 May 2013 19:58:42 +0100
"John Murray" <john.murray at skyracktelecom.com> escribió:

> Hello,
>

> I'm using V2.7 and have subscribers that are on a PBX that has 2 ip
> addresses for redundancy.
>

> I have a permanent contact for the subscriber of 'sip:1234 at pbx.acme.com' and
> pbx.acme.com is a SRV record to gw1.acme.com priority 10 and gw2.acme.com
> priority 20.
>
> Calls to the subscriber are sent to the address of gw1.acme.com 4 times and
> then spce replies with a timeout.
>

> Is there any way to have this resilience.
>

> Regards
>

> John

The dns parameters are controlled by the dns setting in the lb configuration
file. You can check what the options are in this link:

http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/3.3.x/core#dns_parameters

Checking the doc/dns.txt file of kamailio sources is better idea.

"use_dns_failover = on" should do what you want under certain circumstances.