[Spce-user] multiple ethernet interfaces on SIPwise CE

Bob Fryer bob at netintegrity.com.au
Tue Jun 25 21:25:23 EDT 2013

Dear All,

Hoping that someone can provide further information or clarification.

We have  a SIPWISE CE setup.

Has gone pretty smooth, testing Subscribers connecting, setup simple
peer test account (out via the public Interface), Everything working
well.

However we went to stick a new Peer on which required use to implement a
third network card with a specific address.

Eth0 - Internal Network

Eth1 - public Interface (Subscribers connect via here) and used for our
Test Peer)

Eth2 - Dedicated Interface for Peer (Basically VLAN to Peer) - we have
routing in place for traffic for this peer to go via this interface

No NAT involved - all routed

An example of our network.yml file is as follows (addresses changed to
protect the innocent)

---

hosts:

  self:

    eth0:

      type: []

    eth1:

      ip: 203.12.24.83

      netmask: 255.255.255.192

      type:

        - web_ext

        - sip_ext

        - rtp_ext

        - ssh_ext

    eth2:

      ip: 10.23.215.20

      netmask: 255.255.255.248

      type:

        - sip_ext

        - rtp_ext

    interfaces:

      - lo

      - eth1

      - eth2

    lo:

      ip: 127.0.0.1

      netmask: 255.255.255.0

      shared_ip: []

      shared_v6ip: []

      type:

        - sip_int

        - ha_int

        - web_int

      v6ip: '::1'

    role:

      - proxy

      - lb

      - mgmt

tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5060          0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      0          1193218     7276/kamailio

tcp        0      0 10.23.215.20:5060      0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      0          1193217     7276/kamailio

tcp        0      0 203.12.24.83:5060       0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN      0          1193216     7276/kamailio

udp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5060          0.0.0.0:*
0          1193214     7237/kamailio

udp        0      0 10.23.215.20:5060      0.0.0.0:*
0          1193213     7237/kamailio

udp        0      0 203.12.24.83:5060       0.0.0.0:*
0          1193212     7237/kamailio

All appears in terms of listening interfaces they all appear to be ok.

Now the issue we have is the SIP header is wrong (from) so we
implemented

kamailio:

  lb:

    extra_sockets:

      telcoprivateint: udp: 10.23.215.20:5060

and set this as selected in the Peer (outbound Socket)

ok we now have SIP flowing to the carrier. We can make a call out, phone
rings on other end, person picks up....all the SIP Signalling working.
However no Voice either way.

Confirmed that RTP is using the eth1 interface and  not over the private
link(eth2). Main issue is that RTP negotiation in the SDP is showing
coming from the Eth1 interface and appears no way of overriding this.

Any proven ideas on correcting this issue?

Any confirmation that we generally understand the issue correctly? We
are not seasoned professionals with SIP but strong IP Networkng skills,
but have a reasonable handle on sip, but first time on SIPwise. My
wording may not be correct either as writing this quicker than I would
like.

Any Assistance or thoughts would be appreciated, even if it is
confirmation that we have no choice but to place another SIP Proxy
between SIPwise and Private Peer.

Regards

Bob