[Spce-user] doubts about Banned Users and dos_whitelisted_ips

Antonio David Martin admartin at nixus.es
Tue Jun 11 12:41:51 EDT 2013

I have the settings  dos_ban_enable: 'no'  in the config.yml file and also I have done ngcpcfg apply.
Plus after that I have restarted the kamailio-lb. Despite all I keep getting subscribers in the Banned User list

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

David Martín

Hi all,

I am working with sipwise ce updated to 2.8.

I have two interfaces, Kamailio-lb is listening in an private IP 192.168.1.21 for clients, and is also listening in an public IP (whitout clients) with other eth interface.

Since I have updated to the 2.8 I frequently (5 times a day) find "(null)@192.168.1.21" in the "Banned Users" list, maybe sipwise takes it as a pattern or something, I don't know, but suddently many subscribers get disconnected. As I remove the entry from the "ban users" the subscribers get connected again.

Clients have many networks subnets, all agregatted in 10.0.0.0/8. So my question is, Do I have to disable the security by setting  dos_ban_enable: 'no' ? Can I set a network instead of an IP in the 'dos_whitelisted_ips'?

Thanks in advance

David Martín