[Spce-user] ngcpct='sip:127.0.0.1:5080' in Contact header

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Jun 19 04:41:15 EDT 2013

El Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:14:57 +0200
Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert at gmail.com> escribió:

> On Wednesday 19 June 2013 10:04:10 Jon Bonilla wrote:
> > El Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:30:12 +0200
> >
> > Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert at gmail.com> escribió:
> > > Hi Jon,
> > >
> > > whats the status of this? Its still an issue for us, although less
> > > pressing, since we have a stable workaround.
> > >
> > > Nevertheless, i'd really like to have this feature. Perhaps it could
> > > become
> > > part of the upcoming 3.0 release? that would work for us...
> >
> > hi Thilo
> >
> > It's now part of 2.8. You can follow the announcement of Andrew in the
> > mailing list and update kamailio and the templates to make it work.
>
> and it's enabled by default? so this is the way you are going to do it going
> forward? awesome
>
> (now i *really* need to upgrade to 2.8  :-)
>
> thansk a lot!
>
> kind regards
> Thilo

Hi Thilo

This is a special situation. We've ported this to 2.8 because it fixes some
crappy peer implementations out there and it has (?) no negative impact that
we know. So we can consider it a bugfix (?) even if nothing was wrong.

We have no plans to backport new functionalities by default. 2.8 should remain
being a support release for the following years. In case we do, we would try
to add them and remain compatible with what existed.

cheers,

Jon