[Spce-user] sip:provider CE v2.8 released

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Fri Mar 29 11:36:27 EDT 2013

Hi guys,

I'm excited to announce the new SPCE v2.8. Please check the official
announcement at

	http://www.sipwise.com/news/announcements/spce-v2_8-release/

for a list of changes.

This version will be our first LTS version, so we will keep back-porting
fixes and security updates to this version for the next three years. If
you want something rock-stable for the years to come, you should go with
that!

After v2.8 we'll switch to v3.0 (due in ~3 months as always) with a
completely reworked web panel, and we'll switch to a REST interface for
3rd party provisioning clients, and no more new features will be exposed
via the SOAP and XMLRPC (and we'll phase it out completely by end of
this year).

I'd like to thank you all for your valuable feedback and discussions,
let's keep it going for the next v3.0 with some awesome changes ahead!

Thank you,
Andreas

PS: Please let us know if there goes something wrong in your upgrade or
installation. It has been tested extensively via automated jobs and also
manually a lot of times, but if you find something nonetheless, we'll be
happy to fix it.