[Spce-user] media packets not travelling properly

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Thu Mar 14 07:49:01 EDT 2013

On 03/14/2013 12:34 PM, Developing Tomorrow wrote:

> Hi.,
>

> This is my first mail to this mailing list, so please forgive my
> erroneous procedure if it might be.
>

> I have installed sipwise CE, with some pains but it does the job.
>
> If I use a provider connected over normal line (any normal sip provider)
>
> The signalling is done properly I can see the messages, but then the
> audio is not following.
>

> By that I mean I cannot hear the ringtone nor can I hear the other
> party talking, nor they can hear me.
>

> I have tried over a vpn, and I have one way audio.
>

> The system is installed on a public server with the default iptables.
>
> I have created only 1 domain that receive the external connections on
> port 5060
>

> On the other hand, I have a vpn conection to a foreign network.
>
> Client-----XXXXX (public ip) ----------provider*********************
> no audio nor A nor B leg.
>
> Client-----XXXXX(public ip)----------VPN_start
> (10.8.0.1)-------------VPN_end(10.8.0.6)-----------provider
> (172.26.10.2 [not real])******** 1 way audio, they do not hear me
>

> Anybody can shade a light here?
>

> Thx
>
> herve

Hi Herve,
please check your mediaproxy process, is it running properly (ps -ef |
grep mediaproxy) and listening on your public IP ?
If the client is behind nat, please make sure it's not using any kind on
STUN server to discover its own public IP, or ICE or whatever, NAT
stuffs are handled by NGCP.

Try to run ngrep-sip and check the SIP messages. SDP part of INVITE to
provider and of 200 OK to the client should contain the mediaproxy's
public IP.

Daniel