[Spce-user] Send peer inbound call straight to voicemail

John Murray john.murray at skyracktelecom.com
Mon Mar 18 05:33:35 EDT 2013

Jon,

The problem initially to be authentication.

The PBX is actually a gateway and does not register with SPCE. I need to give each gateway subscriber an SPCE subscriber so I use the trusted source model.
IP address of gateway + userpart of From: field matches the subscriber for them to make calls.
For calls to the subscriber I have a static contact/location pointing at the gateway.

However when a call is put out to the subscriber on the gateway and they are not available a call comes in from the gateway to SPCE with 'From:' the original caller 'To:' the voicemail number and 'Divert:' the subscriber details.

This call is rejected with '407 Proxy Authentication Required' as there is no PSTN peer and no trusted source matching the 'From:' because the From: is the originating caller in the PSTN.

I cannot add a peer with the gateway's address as in the logic this is checked before trusted sources and non of my subscribers are then matched.

Would it not be better to check trusted sources first?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

John