[Spce-user] confused how to form the peering rules

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Wed Mar 20 10:22:43 EDT 2013

El Wed, 20 Mar 2013 07:42:43 -0400
Vince Oscar <vinceoscar at gmail.com> escribió:

> I cannot get an outgoing call to complete to PSTN where vendor requires
> port 5080

So your peer listens port 5080. No problem as when you define a gateway you can
put there ip and port. You have fields for that.

> Server settings are correct with x.x.x.x:5080
> 5080 is the correct required port
> Is there a config file the I need to modify?

Not for configuring a peer server inside a peer host.

> I think maybe the peering rules are incorrect.
>
> First, who is outbound, the caller or the callee?  I am confused who is who.

Caller makes the call. Callee is the destination of the call.

> Second
> I am .
>
> For example,
> how would I allow all incoming calls, but only allow 10 digit (ac = 3 and
> sn=7) and 411 and
> 911 for outbound?
> Thank you
> Vince

Incoming calls are always accepted rom pstn peers by default. Peering rules
tell the system which outgoing calls can be sent to the peering servers in that
group.

If you use callee_preffix you can use just prefixes like 43
 which would be Vienna.

If you want to allow only 10 digit destinations you need to use callee_patter
instead. Something like ^[0.9]{10}

But peering rules are not the way to allow/disallow your customers to dial to
certain destinations. That's NCOS and call barring. Peering rules is for
sending calls to certain peers for peering contract reasons.