[Spce-user] Sipwise over openvpn

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Sat Mar 23 15:24:46 EDT 2013

El Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:03:01 +0100
"Developing Tomorrow" <nh.developer at gmail.com> escribió:

> Hi.,
>

> I have "successfully" installed sipwise and am able to register users and
> make calls using any "normal" providers.
>
> Now
>
> In the same box, I have created a tunnel to another network that has a
> gateway.
>
> I am able to ping that gateway from the station that has sipwise also able
> to send traffic to the gateway, but I will get no answer because of the ip
> used.
>
> Let me put down the layout:
>
> All the following ips are fake but will clearly show the layout.
>

> Sipwise external ip: 200.200.200.200
>
> Sipwise internal ip: 10.0.0.1
>

> Tunnel router: 10.0.0.10
>
> Gateway across tunel: 192.168.10.10
>

> If I use a standard asterisk box, give it ip 10.0.1 and send calls to
> gateway, the voice will come back thru tunnel because the gateway is
> replying to 10.0.0.1
>

> In my sipwise case, it does not work as sipwise is sending the call with ip
> 200.200.200.200 so the gateway is answering thru the normal internet and not
> the tunnel.
>

> How can I configure sipwise to send info to that gateway using ip in the
> form ttttttttt at 10.0.0.1 <mailto:ttttttttt at 10.0.0.1>  and not
> ttttttttt at 200.200.200.200 <mailto:ttttttttt at 200.200.200.200> .

Why don't you configure in the other side of the tunnel. "Send the traffic to
20.200.200.200 via 10.0.0.1" ?

You can use the "extra_socket" option in the spce and that will work for you at
sip signaling level but at rtp level it won't work so you'd get signaling via
the tunel and media over internet. If that's what you want it's fine.

Anyways I'd continue using the external main address and try to fix you issue
at networking level, with routes.

> The media relay is supposed to do that function but I have no clue on how to
> configure it.
>
> I could only create a socket with ip 10.0.0.1 and that allows me to send the
> traffic thru the vpn, but does not change the ip that the gateway receives.

cheers,

Jon