[Spce-user] kamailio-proxy.log error - mysql lost connection

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Tue May 28 09:42:00 EDT 2013

Sorry guys, I was actually asking for a more sipwise components answer

I realise with high IO load, things will timeout, but I would assume that
the components of SPCE have a method for dealing with this:

1)      Stop new registrations (without banning unless the frequency is too
high -  a legitimate ban that may have been the cause of highio)

2)      Honour existing registrations

3)      Prioritise call tear downs

4)      Because the thread happens synchronously for call tearups, and
these will be timing out, reply with a 503 or similar code before the final
timeout if unable to log data fast enough. Then log the timeout in waitable
/ (and discardable if necessary) thread?

“Crashing” is not really an option for a SIP server, current calls should
be more important than new calls etc. Current registrations and
re-registrations more important than new ones and so forth.