[Spce-user] Unauthorised

Daniel Grotti dgrotti at sipwise.com
Wed Nov 6 16:48:57 EST 2013

Martin,
For what I saw in the trace you sent, your client have sent the initial REGISTER (without credentials) and NGCP reply with 401 with www-authentication header (with digest information, realm and nonce), so now I would expect to see another REGISTER with credentials (digest authentication with username, password, real and nonce) from your client, but I can´t see it.

So there are two possibilities:

1. your client didn´t receive the 401 (so it can´t send the REGISTER with credentials)
2. for some reason your client doesn´t generate the new REGISTER with credentials

In general, sip authentication works like that:

1. UAC --> UAS  (REGISTER without credentials)
2. UAC <-- UAS  (401)
3. UAC --> UAS (REGISTER with credentials)
4. UAC <-- UAS  (200)

the same with INVITEs:

a. UAC --> UAS  (INVITE without credentials)
b. UAC <-- UAS  (407)
c. UAC --> UAS (INVITE with credentials)

In your case, for what I saw, point number3 is missing.

Daniel