[Spce-user] no audio

Miguel Rios miguelrios35 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 06:31:27 EST 2013

Hi,

I've set up a simple spce v 3.0 install on debian 7 but I'm experiencing no audio.

When I ran the setup script I noticed that my kamailio instance was only listening on localhost.
I changed that in network.yml and now kamailio listens on 0.0.0.0 and my CSipSimple clients can register OK.

However, when I have 2 registered CSipSimple clients try to call each other, I can answer but there's no audio.

I see that CSipSimple log shows ICE negotiation in progress but it never concludes. Now given that the 2 clients were on the same LAN behind NAT, shouldn't they have negotiated a media path directly between them with their private IPs?

Since the spce setup script ended up putting kamailio listening only on localhost, could the same have happened to media proxy? Where do I need to check to make sure the install correctly configured the interfaces?

Also, what are the recommended settings to use with CSipSimple and spce (ICE/STUN/TURN wise)? I have ICE enabled on CSipSimple and I thought that would be enough, no?

Lastly, I tried sending an IM through CSipSimple, which uses SIP SIMPLE, but I got an error. Does spce not support SIP SIMPLE messaging?

Thanks