[Spce-user] SIP Message store and forward and apache/nginx in 3.1

Miguel Rios miguelrios35 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 05:25:01 EST 2013

Hi all,

I've been looking into the IM features in latest spce 3.1, specifically the SIP SIMPLE messaging support.
I see that SIP messages are indeed passed between registered endpoints, but I'm not sure about store and forward for endpoints that are offline.
Kamailio has the msilo module which would take care of this requirement, but I'm not sure if installing it would break something in the spce framework. Any thoughts?

Also, in xmpp land, spce currently uses prosody which is a great lightweight xmpp solution. I believe there is also a smack module for prosody that will inform users if their recipient is online or off. Again, would installing other Prosody modules, like MUC, break spce? Are there some docs or guidelines I should follow so as not to break spce?

Lastly, I see that 3.1 has both apache and nginx running. Being a nginx man myself, why not get rid of apache completely? It seems that having 2 webservers is not very efficient, no?

Thanks,
Miguel