[Spce-user] Asterisk and sipwise

Matthew Ogden matthew at tenacit.net
Tue Nov 12 10:45:08 EST 2013

Hi

One issue I had was:

1.      If asterisks receives certain SIP codes it will stop registering
(forever).

2.      But the cause for me was under a packet lossy situation (maybe the
DC has an issue), then the replies were not getting to asterisk, so
asterisk retries too many times too quickly SPCE saw this as an attack.
SPCE protects against (whichever type it was DDOS or DOS), by giving a 403
forbidden. After this asterisk stops registering.

I had to relax my DDOS/DOS settings in the config.yml, if you google “DDOS
DOS site:sipwise.com” You’ll probably come across those settings (or read
through config.yml.).

Check what state the trunk is in, on asterisk with “sip show registry”, if
it simply shows “not registered” and your registration attempts= unlimited,
then most likely you received a 403 forbidden. It will also show up on your
asterisk log and it will show in the spce lb/proxy logs (just before its
stops trying, you’ll see spce giving a log entry about banning for a while).

Hope this helps to figure out if it’s the same issue.