[Spce-user] Install error - odbc

Steven Saner ssaner at hubris.net
Wed Oct 30 18:49:25 EDT 2013

On 10/30/2013 10:07 AM, Jon Bonilla (Manwe) wrote:
> El Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:44:25 -0500
> Steven Saner <ssaner at hubris.net> escribió:
>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am new to sipwise. I did search some for this error, but was unable to
>> find any answers.
>>
>> I am trying to do a new install on a fresh basic install of Debian
>> Wheezy. I get the following:
>>
>> Running as root... OK
>> Internet access... OK
>> Looks like a clean install... OK
>> Check Debian version... OK
>> Check 64 bit capable system... OK
>> Updating package repository...OK
>> Installing package list. This might take several minutes depending on
>> your network connection...Error while installing ngcp-ngcp-ce
>> Setting up odbcinst (2.2.14p2-5) ...
>>
>> Configuration file `/etc/odbc.ini', does not exist on system.
>> Installing new config file as you requested.
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>  ngcp-asterisk
>>  ngcp-reminder
>>  ngcp-services-ce
>>  ngcp-ngcp-ce
>> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>>
>> Can someone point me towards the solution?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve
>
> You could check the apt logs. Anyway, please rerun the installation and see if
> you hit the same error.

Okay, the problem doesn't have anything to do with odbc I think, that's
just one of the last things listed before the ngcp-installer bails.

Here is where the problem starts, according to the logs:

---
Setting up ngcp-asterisk (1.4.24.1+ngcp.1) ...

Configuration file `/etc/init.d/asterisk', does not exist on system.
Installing new config file as you requested.
Starting Asterisk PBX: asteriskIllegal instruction
invoke-rc.d: initscript asterisk, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing ngcp-asterisk (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
status 132
---

Note that asterisk is failing to start and producing an "Illegal
instruction" error. From what I can tell, asterisk is coming from the
ngcp-asterisk package. If I try to start it manually, I get the same thing.

It appears to be getting ngcp-asterisk from deb.sipwise.com:

Get:255 http://deb.sipwise.com/spce/3.0/ wheezy/main ngcp-asterisk amd64
1.4.24.1+ngcp.1 [2,173 kB]

And it is the amd64 version, which I think is correct (that is the
version of wheezy that I installed). But yet it doesn't run on this
system. They system has dual 3.0GHz Xeon's:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 15
model		: 4
model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz
stepping	: 10
microcode	: 0x2
cpu MHz		: 2992.962
cache size	: 2048 KB
physical id	: 0
siblings	: 2
core id		: 0
cpu cores	: 1
apicid		: 0
initial apicid	: 0
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 5
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm
constant_tsc pebs bts nopl pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
lahf_lm
bogomips	: 5985.92
clflush size	: 64
cache_alignment	: 128
address sizes	: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

[processor 1-3 cut for brevity]

I do note that if I look at the asterisk binary with "file" I see this:

# file /usr/sbin/asterisk
/usr/sbin/asterisk: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.26,
BuildID[sha1]=0xc1aa457d4df6604eef5cb19fe4a8b57c547249a2, stripped

That suggests that it was built for GNU/Linux 2.6.26, and of course
wheezy is running 3.2.0

# uname -a
Linux sipwise 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.51-1 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve