[Spce-user] bungled install

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Fri Sep 13 08:19:06 EDT 2013

* Vince Oscar [Thu Sep 12, 2013 at 07:50:22PM -0400]:

> I am trying to reinstall after a bungled install. (3.0) I now get this
> message

> ERROR: This script should not run on an existing sip:provider installation.
> How do I get the install to go through?

Is this the system you mention in your mail "Subject: [Spce-user]
upgrade issue" with message ID
<CABAd6xujViXjcg_SkKcCHg_1WxzzdKW+mkdbqG6F+RDAsbKaaA at mail.gmail.com>?

The reliable way to get a fresh sip:provider installation up and
running again is to install a plain Debian system and then run the
installer on it. You can also *try* removing file
/etc/sipwise_ngcp_version and re-running ngcp-installer, but no
guaranties that it's working and the result is 100% ok (and for
obvious reasons you're expected to have a backup of any data you
care about :)).

regards,
-mika-