[Spce-user] CE MR 3.2.1 - API response times when calling "add_voip_account_subscriber" function.

Joel Smith | VOZELIA joel at vozelia.com
Thu Apr 10 08:57:05 EDT 2014

Hi,

We are experiencing a huge delay on the time the API takes to create a new subscriber.

We have to create around 20k subscribers. At the beggining the creation was very fast, as the number of existing subscribers grows the create execution slows down.

The server is not in production yet so there should be no load issues.

At the moment it takes around 8-9seconds to create a subscriber:

root at spce1:~# time ./test_adduser.php user1
OK

real	0m8.194s
user	0m0.016s
sys	0m0.008s
root at spce1:~#

root at spce1:~# time ./test_adduser.php user2
OK

real	0m9.156s
user	0m0.024s
sys	0m0.004s
root at spce1:~#

The adduser code is really simple:

root at spce1:~# cat test_adduser.php
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php
        $soap_url = "https://127.0.0.1:2443/SOAP/Provisioning.wsdl?plain";
        $auth = array('username' => 'testuser',
                                'password' => 'testpass',
                                'type' => 'admin');

        $client_options = array('login' => 'ngcpsoap',
                                                        'password' => 'ngcptestpass');

        $params1 = array('id' => 5,
                                        'subscriber' => array(
                                                                "username" => $argv[1],
                                                                "domain" => "sip.testdomain.com",
                                                                "password" => "hjklpojH"
                                                        )
                                        );

        try{
                $client = new SoapClient($soap_url, $client_options);
                $ret1 = $client->add_voip_account_subscriber($auth, $params1);
                echo "OK \n";
        } catch (SoapFault $exception) {
                echo $exception."\n";
        }
?>
root at spce1:~#

Is there anything I can check to see why it takes soooooooooooo long to create?

If I create a subscriber through the GUI, it takes 0seconds.

Another thing to say, for each subscriber we create, we set the adm_block_out_mode to TRUE, this also takes 0sec (through the API) so the problem is directly related to add_voip_account_subscriber.

Any idea on this? Please let me know if there is more information required to search for the root cause of this problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Best regards,
Joel.