[Spce-user] Fraud prevention

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 28 09:07:05 EDT 2014

Hello,

The fraud check for the daily limit is done every 30min by default, you
can tweak it to your liking in
/etc/ngcp-config/templates/etc/cron.d/ngcp-fraud-daily-lock.tt2.

Just be aware that it consumes quite some resources if you have lots of
CDRs.

The other option is to use prepaid (build your own or use the PRO) even
though you actually bill your customers post-paid, and at night (or at
whatever interval you choose to set your limit to) top up the customers'
contract balance to their daily/hourly/whatever limit. That way all
calls are cut off in real-time as soon as the limit is reached.

Andreas

On 04/26/2014 03:01 AM, Michael Molina wrote:
> I do have a question about this feature. Let's say you set the fraud lock for a subscriber for 10 dollars per day. A hacker breaks into the system some how (extremely possible) then uses this credentials to make international calls, to a very expensive country for instance, at a rate of 2.50 to 3 dollars a minute, he will in a very short time exceed the set amount of 10 dollars a day. He begins calling at 2 o'clock in the morning, by the time the script checks the accounts setup with fraud prevention it would be close to 22 hours later (mid night or so) accordantly to the manual. Then at this time the script will block the account and the calling will stop. However we have 1320 minutes of billing at 3 dollars a minute. That is 3960 dollars of fraudulent billing. Any way we can run the script more often?. Even if you can get the emails soon enough by the time you get to the server and disable the account or the trunks involved it is simply too late, you have an extensive bill to pay
 .
 What if we could run a script that will know the minute an account has gone over the limit and disable outbound for instance?. I was just wondering. have a good weekend everyone.