[Spce-user] Subscriber with only IP authentication

Barry Flanagan barry at flanagan.ie
Wed Apr 30 05:46:56 EDT 2014

On 30 April 2014 10:29, Tabi Tabe Tabi <tabi.tabe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I read in one of the emails that it is possible to setup a subscriber to
> connect to SPCE with IP address authentication, instead of SIP username and
> password. I am trying to do that but realized that the subscriber account
> requires SIP username and password.

It is required to enter one, but it does not have to be used if you set
Trusted Source and a Permanent Registration.

> I have setup a subscriber with a DID and tested with a polycom phone and
> it can make outboud and receive inbound calls no problem. On the same
> account, tried using on an IP PBX which only support IP authentication SIP
> trunk without SIP username and password and it fails. It can neither
> receive nor make calls. Here is what I did:
>
> Subscriber--->Details --> Preferences --->Trusted Source . Here I added
> the IP address of the IP PBX (both are in the same LAN and Subnet)

I presume you also included the Protocol and a From Pattern such as
"^sip:.*"

If the Trusted source was set up correctly, you should have been able to at
least make outbound calls from your PBX. If not you need to provide some
logs.

> Then I enabled E164_to_RURI here:
> Subscriber--->Details --> Preferences --->Number Manipulation
>
> By making the changes above, I assume that SPCE will not expect the PBX to
> send username and password and will process the calls. Also, all calls made
> to the DID will be routed to the PBX.

The above will only make it so that SPCE does not require authentication
when the PBX makes an outbound call. To get inbound working you need also
to create a Permanent Registration for this peer - this tells SPCE where to
send calls for this subscriber without the subscriber needing to register
itself.

Go to

Subscriber---> Details --> Registered Devices -> Create Permanent
Registration

and enter in something like:

sip:username at ip_address:5060

Where username can be anything (but we would usually keep it the same as
the subscriber username) and the IP address the IP of the PBX.

> I have the PBX working fine with Gendband S3 as a reference. Am I doing
> something wrong or did I miss a step?
>
> You feedback is much appreciated.

Hope this helps.

-Barry