[Spce-user] Question - db backup

Kevin Masse kmasse at questblue.com
Wed Apr 16 07:35:08 EDT 2014

Hello Jorge, to start with be sure you are getting a back up manually

On the Primary Sipwise you should be running the following command.

mysqldump -p --databases billing provisioning kamailio accounting
carrier ngcp sipstats > /tmp/backup.sql

Next move this backup.sql backup file from your /tmp folder on your
primary Sipwise to your backup Sipwise server in the /tmp folder
Next on your backup Sipwise server run the following command     mysql
-p < /tmp/backup.sql

At a minimum this will duplicate your current setup.

Next to answer your question of how often and the most effective way.
There are many different answers for this and some depends on your
financial situation.
How often really depends on your usage of the Sipwise.  Do you care
about CDRs?  Do you make a lot of changes to the subscribers
hourly/daily?  If so you need to constantly have a working backup of
your Sipwise.  The most productive way is: MySQL Replication Utilities.
I don't think this is the place to support the MySQL process but you can
resolve this with some extra hardware and workbench setting up MySQL
Replication.

If you are going to do MySQL Replication it would be nice to document it
here for the users of the list.  Here is a youtube link to explain
better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZJECIq5-Ac

Remember, hardware will fail we just don't know when.  Mistakes will
also happen and we will not know when so backup is your best friend.

Supporting clients is hard enough, supporting them when your entire
routing system is down is a daunting task so pick a good plan now before
you get too big.

I hope this helps

Kevin