[Spce-user] Fraud prevention

Andreas Granig agranig at sipwise.com
Mon Apr 28 13:56:51 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 04/28/2014 04:14 PM, Gavin Sweet wrote:
> 1. reduce concurrent_max_out per subscriber to the minimum to avoid the
> problem of many simultaneous fraud calls if one of your subscriber accounts
> is compromised (depending on your particular setup, maybe this can be only 1
> or 2)

Yeah, depends on your use case.

> 2. turn daily fraud lock on for all contracts/customers and for subscribers
> at some "acceptable" limit, maybe as low as $10 or less for a subscriber
> depending on the users call profile

This can be done on a billing profile level, so not much work to do if
you do it manually.

> Lets say that this is reasonable and we wanted to make a kind of batch
> update to all the subscribers in the system ... can these be safely updated
> direct to the DB rather than having to build something more sophisticated?
>
> For concurrent_max_out, is it as simple as this?
> a) updating provisioning.voip_usr_preferences with a row for each subscriber
> with attribute_id=42 and value=5
> and
> b) updating kamailio.usr_preferences with a row for each uuid/subscriber
> with attribute=concurrent_max_out type=1 value=5
> By the way, it looks like there is a bug in the function populating this
> kamailio.usr_preferences table as all the last_modified dates are 1900-01-01

kamailio.usr_preferences is updated via a trigger from
provisioning.voip_usr_preferences. Never touch anything
kamailio-db-related directly, unless you know what you're doing (tm).
Also, the ids may vary.

Then again, the max-out-settings can also just be set on a domain level,
no need to specify it for each subscriber.

Andreas