[Spce-user] New sip:provider CE features: install CD, EC2 AMI + Docker support

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Tue Aug 5 15:24:11 EDT 2014

Hi,

our release notes for sip:provider CE mr3.4.1 at
https://www.sipwise.com/news/announcements/sipprovider-mr3-4-1-released/
already mention it, but I'd like to highlight three features where
we're especially interested in community feedback.

1) Sipwise NGCP install CD
https://www.sipwise.com/doc/mr3.4.1/spce/ar01s04.html#_using_the_ngcp_install_cd_recommended

This is the initial public release of our deployment system, being
based on what we use internally since several years. It's based on
the Grml live system (<http://grml.org/>) and provides a straight
forward way to install sip:provider CE in an automated fashion (or
also just plain Debian, and while at it you also get the option to
use a full featured live rescue system with it too).

2) Amazon EC2 AMI

The creation of sip:provider CE AMIs for usage on Amazon EC2 is
fully automated in our release process and we plan to provide
updated AMIs with each new sip:provider CE release. We even made
some of the scripts we use for AMI generation available to the
public: https://github.com/sipwise/ec2-tools

We plan to provide some more documentation about usage of our AMIs
on EC2 soon, in the meanwhile just launch the latest mr3.4.1 release
via https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/v2/home?region=eu-west-1#LaunchInstanceWizard:ami=ami-0bb6657c

3) Docker support

Starting with the mr3.4.1 release we provide initial docker support
for sip:provider CE. Generating the docker images is also part of
our automated release process, so we plan to provide updated docker
images for each new sip:provider CE release too. The documentation
is still on our agenda, but if you are familiar with docker or feel
like you'd like to play with it anyway please feel invited to do so:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/repos/sipwise/

If you should notice *any* problems with the install CD, the AMI(s)
or the Docker images please let us know, we appreciate any feedback.

regards,
-mika-