[Spce-user] Updated EC2 AMIs for mr3.4.1

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Thu Aug 21 17:00:11 EDT 2014

* George Mason [Thu Aug 21, 2014 at 06:09:44PM +0100]:
> On 21/08/14 15:04, Michael Prokop wrote:
> > on mr3.4.1 will provide the updated package ngcp-system-tools-ce
> > version 0.12.1.4+0~mr3.4.1.4 which includes this change to address
> > the automatic advertised address adjustment on EC2 systems.

> Have just updated my EC2 instance, can see that ngcp-system-tools-ce has
> upgraded to 3.4.1.4 but calls still drop after 30s. Unless I'm
> misunderstanding, that update should have cured the elastic IP issue,
> which should have resolved this?

The ngcp-system-tools-ce update just ensures that the advertised IP
configuration in network.yml is OK in the classic EC2 scenario. You
can verify this on your own by checking whether the configuration in
/etc/ngcp-config/network.yml matches the IP address reported via
executing 'facter ec2_public_ipv4' on the command line.

What's still missing is the fix to make sure that db-schema and
cfg-schema work independent from the hostname (this is fixed in our
"trunk" already but is waiting for an according release yet).

But did you adjust the node name entries in the ngcp.cfg_schema and
ngcp.db_schema tables so you're fully up2date with:

  apt-get update && apt-get upgrade && \
  ngcp-update-db-schema && ngcp-update-cfg-schema && \
  ngcpcfg apply

yet? Because if you've up2date db-schema and cfg-schema changes
applied that should be working fine AFAIK, if not please let us
know.

regards,
-mika-