[Spce-user] invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of stop.

Michael Prokop mprokop at sipwise.com
Sun Aug 31 03:29:31 EDT 2014

* Abel Alejandro [Sun Aug 31, 2014 at 03:05:11AM -0400]:

> Upgrading from mr3.3.1 to mr3.4.1 I got a few of those errors and it seems
> the upgrade tried to stop a few demons but got stuck when it couldnt stop
> mysql.

> Just stopped the mysql daemon manually and the upgraded continued fine.

> Everything seems to be working after upgrade just wanted to report in case.

Did your upgrade actually really interrupt/abort? If so do you have
any error logs available for us?

The 'invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of stop' are only
warnings and no error messages, that setup is by intention and
should be working just fine.

regards,
-mika-