[Spce-user] Multisite SIPWise setup

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Fri Feb 14 13:39:55 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 03:46:22PM +0100, Joel Smith | VOZELIA wrote:
> Hi Raúl,
>
> 1) When a Request arrives at one sbc, how to detect if its for me or for the other sbc?  ----> ¿Any ideas?

Easier part ... the answer it's another question ... is it on my
registered UA's DB?:
- Yes? -> so a local UA
- No but still a request to a user of my domain? -> maybe on other
  SBC, must forward the request TO WHERE IT IS REGISTERED

Also you will have to take into account the other posibilities ...
like, user offline, etc.

> I'm not sure how to do this... Can the SBCs have some sort of contact/registration "sync" ?

Yes, they could, that a matter of you whant to do it ... my memcache
module, register replication (native register replication, kamailio
support that), a combination of both ... (the better aproach)

> As they will all use the same database (shared with asterisk), when a user registeres with sbc1, the sbc1 will then register with the asterisk1, and the asterisk1 will update the realtime database with the info the SBC1 gave, later SBC2 should be able to route a call directly because in the database sbc2 will find the "contact" header with the info the SBC1 gave. Is this correct?

Why do you suppose that schema works? ... have you deeply test it ...
I bet you, that schema will give you a lot of headaches

> 2) NAT issues ----> If all servers (sipwises + asterisks) have public IP addreses, will there still be NAT issues? (Or do you mean NAT issues related on the client<->sipwise registration side?)

NAT issues should be allways a client->SBC issue ... if you are fool
enought to use sipwise BEHIND a NAT ... man ... you are insane ... ;-P

And now the 'good news' ... if a request arrives at sbc1, but it's for
a user registered on sbc2 and BEHIND NAT ... your ONLY PATH for all
the SIP routing it's STRICT SIP UA1 <-> SBC1 <-> SBC2 <-> UA2

> 3) Routing back requests ----> Can you explain this a bit more?

Means what I have told you on the previous paragraph

Best regards