[Spce-user] Upgrading SEMS

Jon Bonilla (Manwe) jbonilla at sipwise.com
Mon Feb 24 01:37:16 EST 2014

El Fri, 21 Feb 2014 21:33:09 +0000
"Schaefer, Larry" <Larry.Schaefer at pgi.com> escribió:

> Wondering if anyone has upgraded SEMS from 1.4.3 to the 1.5.1 version?  I
> have tried to uninstall just the ngcp-sems package, but it does not work
> because it is dependent on ngcp-services-ce.  I was hoping to take advantage
> of some of the new features in SEMS 1.5.1...
>
> Is this anything that is on the SPCE roadmap?
>
> Has SPCE changed or customized the version of SEMS that is installed with
> SPCE?

Hi Larry

The sems version installed in a spce is an upstream version with some additions
and backports and a couple of apps included for VSC handling for example. Most
of them are backports of version 1.5. You would need to port the missing apps to
version 1.5 in order to replace the ones present in spce.

You have the spce sems code in our github repo, so you can check all the
changes in it.

https://github.com/sipwise/sems

Regarding the roadmap I think next LTS version will include a newer version of
sems. Either version 1.5 or version 1.6. Not sure yet in which spce version the
change will happen.

cheers,

Jon